Saturday, February 9, 2013

The Spectrum Begins...




I've been working on this idea for the past couple of months now. The idea is to combine the ideas of minimalist art with the color spectrum to create a giant poster. These characters ended up seeming like a natural selection for this project. The core concept here is to make each of the faces out of only basic shapes and colors pulled from the character. This is by no means all I  have done. This is merely a.... sampling of much of the work I've already accomplished. I'm rather enjoying the project, especially the digging back through all of the animation I grew up with.

This project is really the first time I've been able to sit down and use Illustrator and the art of vector work. I must admit, I've fallen in love with the program. I can't believe it's taken me this long to sit down with it. But I'm quite enjoying the project and I'm looking forward to seeing what it looks like once I finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment